Thursday, August 11, 2011

Getting Clarity



Chimamanda Adichie: The Danger of a Single Story

In preparation for the mission to Malawi, I attended the Orientation for Global Ministry that was organized by the Canadian Churches' Forum for Global Ministries.   Among the many rich offerings was the Adichie video.  As I watched, I was further inspired to garner the support I will need to do the work I have been charged to do: to go to Malawi and work with Bishop James Tengatenga in the Anglican Diocese of Southern Malawi, and together embrace the new face of mission that is based on building friendships primarily.  Hard to imagine building friendships as a primary goal when it is so much easier for a North American like myself to try to fix things.  I am reminded that we are called to love the other so that we may both thrive.  Stories matter, especially the many different parts of one's story.  So, I invite you to watch this video and learn a small part of her story.

Peace,  Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment