Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Climate Change Conference



I recently discovered that my cell phone that I bought here in Malawi has a radio, and with that, I have developed an addiction to BBC news.   They have been covering the Climate Change Conference in Durban, and I suspect I am hearing a different perspective than I would be if I were listening to reports in the US.  Climate Change is very relevant for Malawi, which is cautiously waiting for the rains that are over a month late and ever so important to its primary industry, agriculture.   The continent of Africa has not contributed greatly to the crisis yet it suffers from its affects.  The Rt. Rev James Tengatenga, Bishop of Southern Malawi, attended the conference as part of the faith advisory group.  Upon his return, I hope to hear about the conversations at the conference, and I hope I can share them with you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment